Written by Hollywood

Diana Jenkins denies Hayden Panettiere allegation: “It most certainly is not her”

Diana Jenkins has denied claims circulating online that she was the woman accused by Hayden Panettiere of placing her in bed with a “very famous” undressed man when she was 18.

The allegation stems from Panettiere’s recent memoir This Is Me: A Reckoning and an appearance on the On Purpose with Jay Shetty podcast, where she recounted a distressing memory from her late teens involving a trusted acquaintance and an incident on a boat.

Diana Jenkins

She described being led into a small room and placed beside a man she said was “very famous,” recalling the experience as disorienting and overwhelming, and saying she went into “survival mode” in the moment.

Panettiere did not name the woman involved, but speculation online quickly pointed to Jenkins due to a previously known friendship between the pair.

Jenkins has now firmly rejected the claims.

“Diana has had to deal with false online rumors before, and sadly this is just another example of that,” a spokesperson told TMZ.

“So let me be 100 percent clear about this: It most certainly is not Diana, and anyone who claims it is her will be sued.”

The story has spread across social media in recent days, fuelled by excerpts from the memoir and clips from Panettiere’s podcast interview.

Panettiere, best known for her role in Heroes, said she ultimately relied on instinct in the situation, describing a moment where she found a “lion in me, that fire in me” as she processed what had happened.

The memoir is now available for purchase.

Last modified: May 18, 2026

Close